Starting a business might just be one of the most strenuous tasks you can undertake during your life. There is a good reason why the number of startups and the number of successful businesses after 1 year are so different because running your own empire takes time, dedication, and strength.
We, women, have recently begun to dominate the online sector of the industry. Where the use of data far outweighs paper and we need services such as SmartRoom.com to manage them; women have managed to build themselves up as digital powerhouses in the world.
If you are looking for some inspiration this year to get your business off the ground, here are some quotes to live by…
1. You have to have the courage to follow your dreams because there will always be obstacles you have to face before you reach your dream.
2. When you’re an e-commerce startup, there are so many constraints: time, money, energy. It can be easy to feel as though you can never achieve your dreams and desires.
3. “Our chief want in life, is someone who shall make us do what we can. This is the service of a friend. With him, we are easily great.”
4. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
5. If you are significant in your arena, results will follow, whether it be sales, followers or whatever KPI you define to measure your personal success.
6. “Remember why you started.”
7. “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to
8. It inspires me that “doing” takes a lot of hard work but it’s worth it in the end.
9. “The Team! The Team! The Team!”
10. “The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with dust and sweat; who strives valiantly, who errs and may fall again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming.”
11. “You have to believe it before you see it.”
12. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
13. “Never underestimate the power of a t-shirt.”
14. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
15. “An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.”
16. “We all have things we must do that we don’t really care to do and things we must do that we don’t mind doing, then there’s the goofing off.”
17. “Dear entrepreneurs, you can start a thousand businesses, launch 100 projects, and take dozens of companies public, but you only have one shot at being part of your kid’s childhood. Your kid doesn’t care about your platform, they care about your presence.”
18. “A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”
19. “If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working for someone that does.”
20. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
21. “Because, you know, resilience – if you think of it in terms of the Gold Rush, then you’d be pretty depressed right now because the last nugget of gold would be gone. But the good thing is, with innovation, there isn’t a last nugget. Every new thing creates two new questions and two new opportunities.”
22. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.”
23. “In carrying out e-commerce, the most important thing is to keep doing what you are doing right now with passion, to keep it up.”
24. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
25. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
26. “It reminds me to continue to take risks and to try new things but also to be wise and prepare just in case things don’t go the way I expect.”
27. “In this day and age of information overload, we can learn just about anything for free.
But what is the point if we do not DO anything with that knowledge?
Did you really mean to do loads of research on how to start a business…and never act upon it?
What was your original intention?
Certainly, it wasn’t just to read about starting a business, so get out there, overcome the fear of failure and the fear of success…and get going!”
28. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.”